|PC 4940 (Technical Editing)||Spring 2012 (TTU)|
|Introductory Matters||Dr. Stedman|
Meeting Time: MW 9:30–10:50 Meeting Place: Farr Hall 309 Phone: 931-372-3763
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Box Number: 5053 Office: Henderson Hall 306A
Office Hours: TWR 1–2; and by appointment
Judd, Karen. Copyediting: A Practical Guide. 3rd ed. Los Angeles: GTS Publishing Services, 2001.
The Chicago Manual of Style. 15th ed. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2003.
1. To become familiar with basic copyediting/proofreading symbols
2. To acquire familiarity with copyediting skills
3. To acquire familiarity with proofreading skills
Some Course Policies:
1. Late work may negatively affect the course grade
2. Absence or tardiness may negatively affect the course grade
Students with a disability requiring accommodations should contact the Office of Disability Services (ODS). An Accommodation Request (AR) should be completed as soon as possible, preferably by the end of the first week of the course. The ODS is located in the Roaden University Center, Room 112; phone 372-6119.